Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fall into... Spring??

My English is slowly deteriorating. Not just my spelling (which was bad to begin with), but my sentence structure. My vocabulary. Todo. When I get home from work some days I’m not sure that I speak any language at all. I guess that is part of the learning curve. Hopefully it’s the end of the learning curve.

Mmm... home cooking!

There’s been lots of change these past 2 weeks. Despite the adventure of it all, Chris ended his vacation and returned to NYC the first of the month. Though I miss his company (and his cooking) it was the right decision for him to be back home as the city melts into fall. In the meantime, my world is finally blooming with early signs of spring. The change in weather has been pleasant, as I can now sleep comfortably with open windows. There is something peculiar about spring weather during fall at home. I’m not sure if it’s my imagination and the thought of being back stateside for to changing leaves, bbqs, and football games, or if spring in Argentina really smells like fall.

The weather has not been the only change spring has brought. After hours of interviewing candidates, we finally built a solid team and launched our operation on Monday the 5th. Now, in the second week, our training is running smoothly and our “Nooglers” are studying hard to pass their exams so they can being selling AdWords. Additionally, we have begun making outbound calls to new customers across Central and South America. This start up is shaping up really nicely. I work long hours (very long hours) but am learning not just the art but the necessity of delegation. My next big objective – tackling Q4 targets! Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment