Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Creightons Go South of the Equator

Apologies it has been so long since my last update. Work has been quite hectic, leaving little time for reflection and recap of my adventures.


The second week of October I had the pleasure of hosting the Creighton Clan. Mom, Dad & Emily came down for 12 days to experience my side of the world. We spent the first few days sight seeing in Buenos Aires and then took a 5-day vacation (finally!) to Mendoza to explore the vineyard countryside. It was incredibly relaxing and full of fantastic wine! We stayed at a lovely botique hotel, Bohemia Hotel, and some of our favorite vineyards included Andeluna, Achaval Ferrer, and Salentein. Let me know if you ever think of traveling there - I have lots of recommendations.

One of the most fun parts of the adventure was a cooking class at a boutique winery Finca Adalgisa. Mom and I sat under an old walnut tree around an outdoor clay oven with 10 of our new best friends drinking wine and learning how to make homemade empanadas and chimichurry. It was such a great experience fellowshipping with other travelers and learning about Argentine culture through cooking & wine – there are few things better in life!


We also went on a family hike one day in the Andes. It was a spectacular view and quite an athletic feat for the 4 of us. But we ALL made it to the top!!.. and then celebrated with beer and empanadas when we made it back to the base :)

As far as work goes, we are finally starting to firm up a stable infrastructure with our vendor. Most of the big processes have been established and the call center is finally becoming self-sufficient. This stability not only allows me maintain my sanity but it frees up time to think a bit more strategically about growth opportunities for the business. We continue to struggle to find our rhythm to get on track and hit our sales targets, mostly because we are still trying to prospect the right quality and volume of leads. However all of our inbound and outbound lead channels should be at 100% by the end of the quarter. Additionally we have just finished training our second class of reps and as of Monday we will have 30 full time employees (100% of staffing target).


I can hardly believe I have only 5 weeks left in this beautiful country. As far as what I will be doing in the new year, I am searching for my next move, both professionally and personally. Additionally, I am still looking for one last South American adventure. Stay tuned for more on both of these. ☺ In the mean time, I welcome any prayers and warm thoughts as I transition into my next life phase. Many blessings and thanks to all of my friends and family for your support throughout this chapter.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time in Mendoza! Happy to hear all the work stuff is falling in line :)

    ReplyDelete