Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Bigger Picture

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - Emerson In the last 3 weeks, I have gone from feeling suspended in the air to being thrust, full force into what lies 'next' for me. In a matter of 2 days, I transitioned from a state of anxiousness and helplessness to an equally uncomfortable place, still helpless, but this time I'm barreling forward, filled with kinetic energy, full steam ahead. On Tuesday 4/10 I learned that the job I had been pursing and city I had been longing to live in was going to be my future. I was offered a job to join Google's Global Agency team in our New York office. The fulfillment of this desire and petition was such an answered prayer and a revealing journey about my nature. On Thursday 4/12 I learned that Dad was diagnosed with an large undifferentiated malignant mass in his abdomen. While confined to a specific area, this large mass will be the source of much pain and fear in the coming months. While my next steps are more clear, destination is still unknown. Seeking G-ds Lordship. Destination unknown. "When we take a day to simply be, to enjoy, to feel the warmth of the sun rays against our skin, the soft breeze through our hair, the weight of our foot against the sidewalk, against our world… what matters most? You already know what matters. It exists within you. It manifests in simple ways and often is staring you in the face, waiting for you to listen. It gives you chills when you hear it, a tingling when you feel it, and a warmth when you know it." - An excerpt from a favorite blog, Amber Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment